Historical facts Community Shield
The official start of the new English football season is only a few days away, so it’s time to gather some facts about this season opener. These are the most interesting facts about the Community Shield:
- It’s the 99th time the match for the Community Shield will be played
- Manchester United is the most successful team with 21 Community Shield trophies
- Chelsea hasn’t won the CS since 2009, when they won with 4-1 against Man United.
- The last four editions of this match have been won by the FA Cup winners. Man United is the last Premier League champion to win the Community Shield (in 2013).
- Man City won their last CS trophy in 2012 against Aston Villa.
- It’s the third time these teams face each other on Wembley, Man City won the previous time in the 2013 FA Cup semi-final.
- It will be Pep Guardiola’s fifth time to manage a team at Wembley. He won three matches at Wembley and lost only one.
- Man City striker Sergio Aguero scored five goals in his last five matches against Chelsea.
- Chelsea lost their last two matches against Man City. We need to go all the way back to 2010 when the Blues lost three times in a row against Man City.
- Man City won their last two matches at Wembley, they haven’t won three consecutive matches at Wembley since 1970.
- Chelsea won 20 official matches at Wembley, only Arsenal (21), Man United(23) and Tottenham Hotspur(32) can top this number.
These facts show this can become a historical match. You can book the best Community Shield tickets through our secure booking system, to watch your favourite team live at Wembley.