How to buy 2022-2023 Champions League tickets?
Our customer service team gets a lot of fans who ask: How can I book Champions League 2022-2023 tickets? It's hard to get your hands on some tickets, when you're not a member of any of the participating clubs. Let's walk you through the steps before the tickets are yours.
- Select the match you want to attend and click 'View Tickets'.
- Select the area you would like to sit within the stadium on the right-hand side.
- Select the number of tickets you would like to purchase.
- Click on the green 'Buy' button.
- Complete the order form using your personal details.
- Don't forget to check all your information is correct.
- Click 'Make Payment'.
- The tickets are now yours!
Champions League tournament set-up
The most prestigious pro-football competition in Europe, the Champions League, features national elite league champions and one or more runners-up of every UEFA national association. The Champions League final is the most watched annual sports event in the world. You can buy your Champions League final tickets securely online on Livefootballtickets. The UEFA Champions League tournament consists of three qualifying rounds: a play-off stage, a group stage, and four knockout rounds known as the Round of 16, resulting in two clubs going on to fight for the trophy in the Champions League Final. In both the qualifying rounds and play-off round, clubs play two game ties each – one at home and one away. The club with the greatest aggregate number of goals goes on to the next round. In the case of a draw, goals and then penalties determine the winner. Then the 32 club group stage begins with eight groups of four clubs each competing in a home and away tie between September and December against the other three clubs in their group. Two titan clubs from each group go on to the first knockout round known as the quarter finals. Winners of the Round of 16 progress to the Semi-Finals. Winners of the Semi-Finals go on to the Champions League Final. Third place clubs in each group progress to the UEFA Europa League Round of 32. The biggest European teams are competing for the Champions League trophy this season. The big favourites to win this title are: Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool, Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. Every team always plays with their A-team in this tournament. Even though they also need to focus on the Premier League, FA Cup and EFL Cup.
English teams in the UEFA Champions League
There's a maximum of five teams per country that can qualify for the UEFA Champions League each season. Four English teams qualify directly via the Premier League table, where the top 4 qualifies directly. A fifth team can only qualify by winning the Champions League or Europa League without finishing in the top 4 of the league. Whenever an English team wins the Champions or Europa League and finishes in the top 4, there will still be only 4 teams in the Champions League the next season. Manchester City, Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea are the teams that represented the Premier League in the biggest European club tournament the most times in the last couple of years. Liverpool is the latest English team to win the trophy in the 2018-2019 season. Chelsea won the tournament in the 2020-2021 season. Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool and Chelsea will represent the Premier League during the 2022-2023 season.
The Champions League once started as the European Cup in 1955-1956. In the beginning this tournament was solely for national league winners. This tournament was the domain of Real Madrid, who won the first five editions of this tournament. Benfica was the first club to break through Madrid's dominance, by winning the European Cup in 1961. In 1992, UEFA changed the name of the tournament into the UEFA Champions League. The tournament expanded big time since the renaming.
Champions League wins & trophies
Real Madrid is the most successful club in the history of the tournament. Real has won the European Cup 13 times – most recently a 3-1 victory against Liverpool in Kiev. Champions League Cup winners include:
- 2004 Porto 3-0 AS Monaco;
- 2005 Liverpool 3-3 Milan;
- 2006 Barcelona 2-1 Arsenal;
- 2007 Milan 2-1 Liverpool;
- 2008 Manchester United 1-1 Chelsea;
- 2009 Barcelona 2-0 Manchester United;
- 2010 Internazionale 2-0 Bayern Munich;
- 2011 Barcelona 3-1 Manchester United;
- 2012 Chelsea 1-1 Bayern Munich;
- 2013 Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund;
- 2014 Real Madrid 4-1 Atletico Madrid;
- 2015 FC Barcelona 3-1 Juventus;
- 2016 Real Madrid (wins after penalties) 1-1 Atletico Madrid;
- 2017 Juventus 1-4 Real Madrid;
- 2018 Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool;
- 2019 Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur;
- 2020 Bayern Munich 1-0 Paris Saint-Germain.
- 2021 Chelsea 1-0 Manchester City
- 2022 Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid
Frequently asked questions about Champions League tickets
Where can I buy Champions League tickets?
Livefootballtickets.com is the online marketplace for all your football tickets. When you're looking for the best available tickets? This is the place to be! All our ticket sellers list there available tickets on our site. So take a look at what they've got to offer in our marketplace inventory.