We're a leading secondary marketplace for football tickets. Prices are set by sellers and may be above or below face value.
Regarding POSTPONED MATCHES DUE TO COVID-19: We are awaiting the league’s policy on postponed matches. Please read our T&Cs for information regarding our refund policy.


Liverpool v Manchester City recap

Liverpool hosted Manchester City in the Premier League in which was described as the biggest match of the season so far. Even though it is still only November and there are 26 matches to go this was still a huge test for both teams. Liverpool started the weekend six points ahead of City knowing that a win would take them to 9 points ahead which even this early is a huge gap considering that Liverpool have only dropped points once this whole season.

City started the better of the two teams with Liverpool looking a little nervous. it only took five minutes for the first moment of controversy to occur when the ball struck Alexander-Arnolds arm and the City players were convinced it should have been a penalty. Michael Oliver did not give it and then Liverpool went up to the other side of the pitch and after a poor cross from Mane, the ball came to Fabinho at the edge of the box who hammered it in to score his first goal of the season. The City players were outraged that the penalty was not given and that Liverpool went to score at the other end, but after a short VAR review, nothing was given.

This gave Liverpool a lease of life and looked much more confident after that and it only took them another eight minutes to get their second when Robertson got the ball on the left and put in a beautiful cross for Salah to head home. VAR checked the goal and said that it was alright to stand, however, there were images online to show that Salah might have been marginally offside.

Both City and Liverpool kept attacking which made the game quite an exciting one to watch but they went into half time with Liverpool 2-0 up. Liverpool started the second half brightly and Henderson put in a lovely weighted ball into the area for Mane to nod it into Bravo who could not save it and make the game 3-0 and out of City’s reach.

City did get a goal back in the 78th minute through Bernardo Silva but it was little too late, and Liverpool shut up shop with the game finishing 3-1. This leaves Liverpool nine points clear of City and eight points clear of Leicester in 2nd. This is a very healthy position to be in and no one would have expected it so early in the season. Klopp and his team are still only thinking about game by game, but the confidence in the squad is growing that this could be the year to end the 30-year wait for a league title.